Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Haters & Questioners


Sean w/baby gear Ginger sporting her hat
Why must everyone quesiton a girl who knows a little bit about baseball. Is it soo absurd that I spend 5 nights a week (at least) watching baseball. I have no other tv life other than the Yankees. It is also a little known fact that I have quite the extensive Jose Canseco baseball card collection.

My unborn son already has a few Yankees uniforms.

Yes, it's true that Sean has influenced me some on the extensiveness of my own baseball addiction. BUT...I was raised by a woman who at the tender age of 7 beat a small boy up over a Mickey Mantle card. My roots are deep in pin stripes.

Don't question my love of the Bronx Bombers!

Now lets breakdown the playoff races as i see them so far. Josh Beckett looked pretty unbeatable last night, but Boston can't pitch him every game. I'm sure the Halo's will take their chances with Matsuzaka , (what exactly is this gyro pitch anyways?) Outside of Papelbon , The Bo-sox pen looks pretty hittable. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ( If that's not the stupidest name I don't know what is) have to score early to have any chance tonight.

Who are these Colorado Rockies and how are they doing what they are doing? The Snakes have an interesting blend of young talent and the goat curse of the Cubbies, ( Sean took out a book on the history of the Cubs this summer and I read the whole thing cover to cover on the sly). ( Sean was quite impressed when i was able to pontificate on Cap Anson, Ernie Banks and Ryne Sandberg.) Now comes the pinstripers and the Indians. ( Did you know that they used to be called the Spiders?) A-Rod will be in the center of the baseball universe as he always is, and i predict that he will have a Reggie Jackson like performance. The captain is always clutch and Jorge continues to impress me. Andy Pettitte will be able to deliver his usual October brillance.

When it is all said it done, look for the party in the boogie down and the 27th banner being hung right around Halloween.

Sean's obsession with Halloween is another topic for another day, so until then i will sign off!

5 comments:

Tim said...

Actually for sentimental reasons, I'd like to see a Red Sox-Cubs World Series, being that those teams play in the oldest parks in the bigs.

We'll see how Yanks-Indians goes tonight! Go, Tribe!!!!

(What, you think I'll ever root for the Yankees? Ummm, no. That's not gonna happen.

You are right, though, Beckett looked awesome last night and the Angels have never faced Dice-K, so we shall see.

Too bad the Phillies are not doing so hot (about to go down 2-0 in the series) and the Cubs need to tie the series 1-1 tonight, heading back to Chicago for the weekend.

EstherNow said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Girl, I've got to hand it to you. I had NO IDEA what a baseball fan and historical/statistical guru you are. We've never talked about baseball before, so I guess I never knew for that reason.

Is it true that you really read a baseball book over the summer on the sly from Sean??? I am in shock at how much you know about baseball.

You're really up on the info, and I can't believe that I really don't understand a thing that you and Green have just conversed about.

By the way, I told Green first thing tonight on YM that it was you who wrote the comment on his post, and he was impressed (for a girl - no, no - I threw the "girl" thing in there - he was impressed).

Let's see here. . .

A gorgeous woman who knows A WHOLE LOT about baseball. . .

You better stay away from my man, Fondue!!!

LOL!!!

EstherNow said...

By the way, FP. . .

These blogs that you're writing will be so much fun for Bodhi to read one of these days.

Just a thought.

Tim said...

Sorry but I have to gloat just once... 12-3! Even I expected a better showing from da bombers...

On to game two!!

EstherNow said...

Fondue, Stop by my blog to see my newest post. I gave you an introduction and a "Shout-Out." The post is entitled "Fondue, Failure, and Fondness."

I hope you get a lot of visits!